Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Something fishy...



Sunday 10 May 2015

Very hot
31 degrees

Woke up early after restless night.  Too hot with duvet over me and not hot enough with just the sheet.  Fairly intense headache and when I opened the windows to let in some fresh air, CL was already out on his tractor, giving the solid slabs of clay another bashing.  Read Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt for a while.  Jesus, they had a bad time in Ireland in the 30’s and 40’s.  Put pillow over my head and went back to sleep until OH woke me at 11 am

Put my nose through the back door and established that (a) the light outside was far too bright for me and (b) it was already too hot to work in the garden.

OH went down the rental unit with the laptop to try and speak to either WF about what he is doing about finding work, and/or RJ to see if WF can stay with him and do some work at the hotel.  He also looked at ferry availability to go back to the UK at the end of May and the only possibility is for the 17th May which is next Sunday and I will never have the two compromises signed by then.  Would love to go back and see boys.  It has been an age since I have been with them.


Cleaned and did ironing mountain.  Walked dog.  OH made wonderful supper of calamares and prawn thai stir fry with pan roasted veg.

Here are some images of the amazing fish counter at the huge supermarket at the seaside


Calamares

Conger Eel


Turbot



Monkfish

Trout
It is their eyes that speak to me.  Some look mad, some look bad, some look nervous.  The monkfish reminds me of Jabba the Hut.  The conger is curled like a sleeping cat.  The trout surge across the ice.  The way the staff were staring, you would think no one ever took pictures of fish....  OK actually I have never seen anyone taking pictures of fish either.

No comments:

Post a Comment